Briggs and Riley brings class and rugged capability to market with their new BRX Excursion Backpack (item number BP118 in BRX series). For sure, the Excursion Backpack is a piece of luggage designed for rugged, grab-and-go travel and adventure. Excursion is one offering from the new Briggs and Riley BRX collection of top-line luggage including uprights ( in sizes 19, 22, 25 and 28-inch long), duffle bag, and toiletry kit.
Fresh Air Junkie is reviewing the BP118 Excursion and will be following up with our observations. So far, the Excursion has been on a long out-of-state trip where it was used to protect a laptop, blackberry, presentation folders and Dayrunner. On the same trip, the Excursion was also used to load-up a Camelback 2.0 liter water bladder, fishing tackle, and day hike gear while the business tools where set up in the hotel room. To this point, we’ve already determined we like the Excursion Backpack. Its design is sophisticated like any fine piece of luggage, but we found ways to have fun with this pack on the trail. It’s a cross-over item that really does lend itself to business and pleasure.
- Top loading for quick access to primary compartment
- Large front pocket with internal organizer
- Slash pocket on outside of front pocket for maps, itinerary, boarding pass, etc.
- Mesh water bottle holder on right side (when wearing pack)
- Zipped side pocket left side (when wearing pack)
- Daisy chain clip-points to secure small items outside the pack
- Laptop compatible storage in main compartment. Fits up to 16” laptop.
- Lifetime warranty, covers airline damage and that 800 pound gorilla in the room
- Dimensions: 18x12x9” (45.7×30.5×22.9 cm)
- Colors: Slate, Ocean (blue), Amber
- MSRP: $120.00 U.S.